Our Brain Optimization Programs
Have you ever been in this situation?
You run into an acquaintance and can’t remember her name. As you chat and catch up, your mind grasps for the name of that thing you want to tell her about, but it’s just out of reach. Midway through the conversation your attention drifts and you space out… for who knows how long. When you snap back, you remember that there’s something you were on your way to do but can’t recall what. You’re embarrassed. Frustrated. Confused.
Or, perhaps you’ve been struggling to focus at work. You’re often tired and have become less productive. Lately you’ve been having difficulty articulating your thoughts. Your mind doesn’t feel as sharp; your thinking feels “fuzzy.” You’ve noticed you read more slowly to follow the meaning. In the past few months you may have missed meetings or appointments because you lost track of time. You’re concerned about your performance and your ability to compete with younger colleagues.
You may be worried and wondering how much worse it will get. Perhaps you have already received a diagnosis of mild cognitive impairment, dementia or early onset Alzheimer’s. You know it’s time to take action.
If any of this sounds familiar, you’re in the right place. We specialize in helping people optimize their brain health so they can eliminate memory loss, experience a sharper mind and enjoy a long, active and productive life. Our patients regularly experience the following outcomes:
- Improved memory and word recall
- Clearer thinking and focused attention
- Elevated energy and stamina
- Improved reading comprehension and writing clarity
- Greater mental fitness and more articulate speech
- Enhanced confidence in social situations and work environments
- Decreased fear of speaking up in meetings and other intellectual situations
- Less worry and a more positive outlook for the future
- A return to enjoying daily activities
Our Brain Optimization Programs
Our treatment programs are designed to give you all of the tools, support and accountability you need to create the conditions for optimal brain function. Through advanced testing and assessments, we uncover the root causes of cognitive issues. Then we create a personalized treatment plan grounded in modern neuroscience and incorporating the appropriate use of naturopathic, conventional and functional medicine. Our protocols are guided by the proven principles of the Bredesen Protocol.™
Brain health is impacted by a wide variety of factors, including nutrition, sleep, movement, hormones, environmental exposures, genetics, trauma, and more. This complex situation is why we take a holistic approach to identify the unique mix of factors affecting brain function and develop a targeted program that allows each patient’s brain and body to heal and repair as efficiently as possible. All of our tests, assessments and treatment options are based on the latest research in cognitive neuroscience.
While many of our patients experience noticeable improvements quickly, preventing and reversing cognitive decline takes time. Life-changing outcomes can happen within 6 months for our patients whose symptoms are not far advanced. In cases where symptoms are more severe, it can take up to 12 months of more to achieve significant and long-lasting cognitive gains. As part of our enrollment process, we will identify which program length is right for you based on an initial assessment of your cognitive fitness.
Patients who experience the greatest improvements in brain health commit to making the recommended lifestyle changes our program requires. These may include significant changes to diet, sleep, stress reduction, water intake, detoxification and other lifestyle habits. We work with people who are ready and willing to make such changes.
Why You Must Act Now
Cognitive issues aren’t simply embarrassing or frustrating, if left untreated, they can lead to more serious consequences down the road. Cognitive decline can result in a loss of freedom and sense of self. In the worst scenario, a person may require constant care and become an emotional and financial burden to their family. Memory care alone can cost $10,000 a month.
The sooner brain dysfunction is identified and addressed, the better the long-term outcome!
That’s why it’s important to act now. The good news is that the latest research reveals that brains are more adaptable than once believed. The science of neurogenesis has proven that many activities and treatments can enhance brain cell regeneration. Memory, attention and mental fitness can be improved at any age if you do not wait to take action until dysfunction becomes entrenched. The sooner you start a healing plan, the sooner you’ll be in full control of your health and life.
How to Get Started
All of our patients start with an initial Brain Health Assessment.
The assessment includes a visit with one of our doctors at our office near Chicago. It includes an in-depth look into areas such as digestion, diet, sleep, stress, health history, toxic exposure, and more, that may influence your health status.
During your appointment the doctor will perform an extensive review of your health history, previous lab reports, and current health concerns. We will also review the results of a Montreal Cognitive Assessment (the gold standard for evaluation of cognitive function) as well as your results of the advanced online cognitive assessment tool that you will have completed before your visit. This state-of-the-art test is offered by our partner, Cambridge Brain Sciences, a company founded by Adrian Owen, PhD., renowned research neuroscientist.
If appropriate, we may also recommend a DNA assessment through our partner IntellxxDNA. Many people concerned about cognitive decline want to know their genetic status. We know that certain genes, such as APOe4, can contribute to the onset of Alzheimer’s. As part of the complete assessment, an understanding of your genetic factors may be appropriate.
What you will receive from your Brain Health Assessment:
- The results of your cognitive assessments with an explanation of what they reveal about the state of your brain health.
- Recommendations for additional lab testing or imaging.
- A summary of those areas of your health that the doctor determines would benefit from lifestyle changes or additional modalities.
- An understanding of those areas of your genetics / health that may contribute to increased risks of developing cognitive as well as other health issues in the future.
Your investment in the Brain Health Assessment is $795, with the option to add genetic testing and evaluation for an additional fee.
Once your Brain Health Assessment is complete, the next step, if appropriate, is to enroll in one of our Brain Optimization Programs. We offer both a 6 and 12-month program, to accommodate different needs and goals. On-going support is also available upon completion of the programs. We will make a recommendation as to which program length is most appropriate for you based on the assessment findings.
Our Brain Optimization Programs Include:
- Personalized recommendations for lifestyle modifications centered around diet, sleep, movement and stress management. The science has proven that lifestyle changes are fundamental and essential to health and brain optimization.
- Recommendations for supplements, herbal remedies, and where necessary and appropriate, pharmaceuticals.
- Recommendations for additional testing based on the areas of concern identified in your initial Brain Health Assessment. Testing could include lab work, stool testing, salivary hormone testing, or urine testing for toxic exposures.
- Regular visits with your doctor to implement your treatment plan, evaluate your progress, and make adjustments as necessary.
- Access to your doctor for quick questions and clarifications in between visits by secure portal messages and by phone.
- All the knowledge, support, encouragement, and tools you need to be successful in implementing your treatment plan and transforming your brain health and overall wellness.
Our programs range from $6,400 to $10,000 plus the cost of additional lab testing and supplements. We offer payment plans to accommodate your needs.
Ready to get started towards better brain health?
The first step is to apply for your complimentary 15-minute Discovery Call. This short application will help us get to know you and determine if you may be a good candidate for our programs. Once you’ve applied, you will be contacted within two business days to schedule your discovery call with one of our doctors. We look forward to speaking with you!